Speech-language pathologist, educational psychologist and Social Communication Coach™, Pat Craanen, Ed.D., CCC-SLP, specializes in coaching individuals with Social Communication Disorder (SCD) to help them improve their social interaction, social cognition and social pragmatic language skills and facilitate greater social communication success in their lives.
“Dr. Pat” has nearly 20 years of clinical experience diagnosing and treating individuals with a wide variety of communication challenges. He believes in building a firm foundation of rapport and trust with his clients followed by teaching only the communication tools and strategies that are best suited to his client’s age group, specific situation and individual needs. In addition to his clinical expertise, Pat’s research and intervention work have garnered him a number of recognitions and awards including his most recent achievements listed below:
- 2014 Florida Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologist’s Rhonda Work Florida School Clinician of the Year
- 2014 Making a Difference Award from the Council of Exceptional Children’s Florida Division on Career Development and Transition
- 2013-2014 Titusville High School Teacher of the Year
- 2013 Nominee-UCF College of Education and Human Performance Nominee, UCF Outstanding Dissertation Award
- 2013 First Place, Education Category, Inaugural Florida Statewide Graduate Student Research Symposium
- 2013 Best in Class-Education Scholarship Award, UCF Graduate Research Forum
- 2012 UCF Graduate Student Leadership Award for Service-Learning Initiatives
We encourage you to visit the Feedback page to learn what current and former clients, parents, caregivers, educators and fellow professionals have to say about Dr. Pat’s work as a Social Communication Coach™. Should you wish to speak with us, please complete the form on the Contact page and click submit.